Thursday, April 26, 2012

Interview 5

Blog Title: Helping 2013
I interviewed Jamilex Rodriguez
April 24, 2012 during elective


What ideas do you have for senior project and why?

1.) I'm thinking either between law or singing. I like both topics and I'm active in both, so I have to think about it, but I'm fine with either one. I don't really have a preference.

Me: Try and do something that you won't mind researching every week. Keep in mind you need service learning and independent learning, so try and pick one that's easier to pull off. Make sure to think about how you're going to get research for each topic.

What do you plan on doing for the 10hr requirement?

2.) If I decide to do singing I'll try and find an instructor and do it with him/her. I've worked in law offices before so service learning wouldn't be too hard to get if I decide to do law for my topic.

Me: Alright seems like you pretty much have that covered. Since you've worked in a law office already I think you should go for that since it seems you have access to service learning. My friend Christa did her project on singing so if you need service learning let me know. I'm pretty sure Ogden would let you use his class for an independent component so that would be easy.

3.) I want to see how they carried out their project. I think it'll be helpful for me to see how they overcame challenges, what they learned, etc. In that way, I kind of want to know what to expect once I start doing the senior project.

Me: Yeah that's always helpful. I remember watching senior presentations and I used them for reference this year whenever I think about what I might be doing for my two hour. Just pay attention to how we set up the presentation and how we tie everything back to our EQ. Also think ahead of possible ideas for science fair and research. That was a huge pain for some people's topic.

4.) It sounds like she has it pretty much figured out. The research might be a challenge but she pretty much has the service learning covered. The only thing I can tell her is to commit to a topic, but other than that I think she's good. She asked about how the EQ worked, and I just said its what we have to focus on answering the entire project. I also told her to be careful about the wording of the EQ because that affects the project later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment