Friday, September 23, 2011

Presentation Reflection

1.) My first interview was very beneficial toward my first presentation. I asked Kevin, my interviewee, some questions off the record, which included the difference between a manual and automatic transmission. For example he explained to me how the gears work in a transmission, and when I went on the internet later on to figure out how a transmission works, I already knew the basic principles, which made it much easier.

2.)I think what stood out about my presentation was the fact that I stayed calm the entire time and I knew how to explain the transmission well enough for someone who didn't know anything about transmissions would get the basic principles. I think my props also stood out as well. They were very good props that gave a clear representation of what I was talking about. For example the steering wheel with the paddles shifters and the board with a clutch, gas, and brake pedal were very similar to real life equivalents.

3.)I think the most challenging thing to do was to find a way to represent the lay shaft and the gears, but I was able to represent them with a bar and the screws you put at the end of dumbells to keep them from falling off. It was hard to find something that looked a lot like the lay shaft.

No comments:

Post a Comment